Program Coordinator & Administrative Assistant Position
Tipton-Haynes Historical Association, Inc.
The person selected for this approximate 36 hours per week one year AmeriCorps full-time position will be responsible for planning and administering educational programs such as school tours and helps coordinate annual site events. Other duties include assisting with managing the day-to-day operations and visitor services at the Tipton-Haynes State Historic Site in Johnson City, Tennessee. In addition, a two-bedroom apartment with utilities is available but would require an additional 8 hours per week over the required AmeriCorps hours if this option is utilized.
Examples of Work:
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of the Summers Past History Program for 2016.
- Assists with basic management duties relating to the overall operation and maintenance of a state historic site which includes visitor services, research, interpretation, and basic management tasks.
- Conducts interpretive tours of the site; provides educational programs to school groups, helps with annual events, and contributes to revision and/or implementation of these activities.
- Works with volunteers and helps to develop volunteer training
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 30 earned credit hours in a combination of any of the following: Parks and Recreation; Museum Studies; History; Art; Education; and Anthropology or comparable work experience.
- Knowledge of interpretation at a historic site
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working with children
- Ability to work with the public
- Strong computer skills
- Experience or internships at a historic site or museum preferred
Submit a resume and contact information for three names of references who know your qualifications to work at a historic site to:
Penny McLaughlin, Director
P.O. Box 225
Johnson City, TN 37605
Or e-mail your resume to: